Wednesday, October 25, 2017

And the moral of the story is............

write Cathy, write.  We haven't quite finished our yard work yet.  I think we have been in denial that Winter is coming.  Still some tables and chairs to put away, but that is about it.  Jim got a half ton of manure on Monday and shovelled it into piles on the garden, but with rain and snow in the forecast for tonight I think it may be Spring before I can spread it around.  I too was under the weather last week.  I don't get my flu shot until Nov 3, so I can't blame that.  I even came home from work before 9am.  I thought I would feel better when I went in, but I just got worse.  Some sort of 24 hour bug.  Our new person at work starts on Monday, but they are going to be in Winnipeg for the first week so we won't meet her until November 6.  It has been a long stretch with only 2 of us here. Rrain is actively seeking a new job.  She hasn't had a raise in three years and no performance review in two.  She has raised the issue with the board at 2 meetings, but the HR person is taking a time off for a while and they won't discuss it with her until she is back.  (Which could be never)  She likes the job, but it is sometimes 24/7 and she needs some time for herself.  When we were in Winnipeg together she got 7 phone calls about work.  We sat at the gas station at Headingley while she called people and tried to get things sorted out. I hope she finds a really great job.  Now it is 8 am and I am supposed to be doing my own job.  I will try to write, even if I have nothing exciting to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment