Saturday, October 21, 2017

Weather a treat

Yes, beautiful, with warm temperature records being set.  Last night the low was +17, and me with the duvet on the bed!  Still, as you pointed out Beth, a chance to get caught up  with getting the garden ready for winter.  Not that our garden is that much work, but David plugs along with it, bit by bit.

I've been busy in the studio.  While I wait for my thread to come in, I got out a box with a partially pieced quilt that was started about 4 years ago, when I was with a quilting group at the local seniors' centre.  There was a bit of a note in with it, with a couple of diagrams saying that there were 16 squares and a border.  I thought that would be a quick finish for a charity quilt, but once I got working on it, I found that it's actually 24 squares.  This means that it's going to be about 45" by 60", almost too big to quilt on my machine, but not big enough to make into a single bad quilt.

When I have something to piece, which isn't often, I have to change machines, as the old Pfaff is much more accurate than the newer Janome.  This is a moderately involved operation, so I feel that once started, a project like this is a firm commitment.  Unfortunately, David is still wanting a new nightshirt.  We got it cut out yesterday, but there's no way it's going to be put together until the little quilt is finished, so I've been really pushing it.

I hope your luncheon today was worth the anticipation, Beth.  I know how very much these social occasions meant to you.  However, the mosaic tiles brought back a less pleasant memory.  I, too, once bought some mosaic tiles at a garage sale.  They appear to be hand painted in lovely European influenced bright yellow and cobalt blue.  I still absolutely love them, but they really are a white elephant.  I have no way to use them, but I'm reluctant to part company with them.  David brings them up every once in awhile, but I think they're still stored in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment