Friday, October 6, 2017

Busy Lives

You two seem to be on the go all the time.  Right now I go to work and go home.  Actually that is a lie.  The last 3 days I have gone to the Legion for a glass of wine after work.  Today should be Jim's last day hauling potatoes so life may get back to normal again.  I tried to send Kris and Sandi an anniversary message yesterday but my phone responded with 4 really weird failure messages, so I just phoned and left a voice message on their phone.   I guess I am texting too much and my phone let me know it!  We are going to Killarney on Monday after lunch.  All I am responsible for is mashed potato casserole.  Easy.  It is Keri's birthday on Tuesday so we will have a double celebration. 
Patty has today off work, and with Shirley gone now, that leaves me to handle everything.  Elizabeth has been great stepping in and doing jobs that she is not supposed to do since she is a member of the Legal team.  And she has made sure we take at least one break a day by coming over to our side of the building and sitting down and starting to talk.  You can't really ignore her so we join in for a while.  We are all very tired and balancing on "burnout"  I hope they hire someone soon.  Interviews are today for a one year term, but it will be the end of October at the very earliest by the time they decide and offer the job and the person gives notice........... at least there is hope.  
 It is supposed to be a really nice day today.   I have been going out and walking at lunch lately, so I hope I am able to get a lunch today just to get out.  It is debatable with just me here but I can hope. 
We have a bit of clean up left in the yard, but they are two person jobs, so I needed to wait for Jim ....  Putting away the patio furniture etc.  I wasn't able to get the tiller going in the garden, so it still has to be finished.  It would almost start, but my arm would wear out before I could get it running.  It will get done before snow...... lots and lots of time for that :) 
Have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment