Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Busy day

This morning was my appointment with the Pan Am Clinic, following referral from Victoria Urgent Care.  This is quite the operation!  We went into total chaos, as far as I could see.  We got sorted out via three separate interviews in reception, and two trips through the waiting area.  After the third interview we were shuffled off to a different waiting area.  Also after the third interview, we found the chaos somewhat reduced in the reception area, and by the time we left, all was calm.  I was seen and examined by a physician.  One of the best Range of Motion and strength exams I've ever seen.  He then ordered four xrays.  Then back to the waiting area, until he could see us again.  This resulted in a referral for outpatient physiotherapy.  So we came home, had a quick lunch, and decided that I would go and try to find a physiotherapist right away, before coming back home for a nap.

I had remembered seeing a new Physio clinic in a small new mall by the Tim Horton's and we tried there, rather than the clinic I've been to before, way out by St. Vital Centre.  I was impressed.  The receptionist took all my info, and the written referral from Pan Am, and then asked if I would like an appointment or maybe, would I like to to be seen right away.  So I've just got home from a very thorough assessment and a full initial treatment, for which they will direct bill Blue Cross and for which we will be fully covered.  That was a surprise for me!  I have to wonder if Blue Cross has increased their coverage in response to the government's stop of covering outpatient physio in hospitals.

Anyway, that's enough excitement for one day.  Now I need that nap, and from the look of him so does David, who was with me all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment