Monday, July 16, 2018

Flash Boom boom !

I was out watering this afternoon when the forecast "strong thunderstorm" started to roll in - first with loud noises and then with darkness and then bolts of light and then the skies opened up- I mean really opened up! Needless to say I went from watering with a hose outside, to pumping the water away at the front.  So heavy was the rain that the barrels filled and overflowed and tumbled down the sidewalk at the side and pooled at the front window. Same old scenario I have dealt with for years even after getting new eavestroughs. The eavestroughs solved one problem, but the flow of water down the sidewalk is another new problem.  But, I did not have to finish watering for today.
Pati I am so happy to see your new cloths and thank you for the pictures.The blue denim dress with matching shoes is very, very nice and looks very, very nice on you. I sure hope you have worn it out - perhaps to the Starbucks, or over to the Mall? And you are right, the beautiful flowers on the tshirt catches your eye and i did not even notice the horizontal strips. I love the overshirt - it is what I would buy and wear and looks good with the shorts. You made some fine choices with your purchases and I know you are well pleased.
I did not mention that on Saturday I was with the Geek Squad again for another marathon computer session - this time from 0830 am to 2 pm.  Since the last session on June 26 I was noticing frequent red flags in lower right corner indicating firewalls down and spyware etc not protected. Since I knew I might be awhile with the computer in use with the Squad, I choose to connect with them just after Harry left home for garage sales on Saturday morning, thinking I would be done by the time he came home. Not so.....They had to uninstall the Bitdefender Upgrade and start to reinstall it. The first time two weeks ago, it took 2 hours to download. So I waited and when it had downloaded and they had remote control of the computer, something went wrong and I watched as they started to reinstall it again. I typed in my little box asking what was going on? When I was told they had to reinstall I become quite anxious knowing that this was going to take way longer. Sure enough Harry came home at 1130 am and of course no access to computer for him. I was so happy when finally they were done at 2 pm and we could get back to normal. There are a few changes to appearance and other stuff (eg seems to take about 10 - 15 min to shut down now) but so far I have not seen the red flags pop up again - yet. I am so uncomfortable with having to deal with issues but fortunate that I pay monthly for the help I can get. It is worth it for me.
Today was supposed to be the last day of high temps and high humidity -the rain cooled it down a bit and so hoping that by tomorrow we shall have some better manageable weather.
I took the car to the dealer for service (oil change) on Thursday and it was time for inspection and brake inspection so I said go ahead - I got a ride home after leaving the car at 8 am. By 1:30pm I had not heard so took the chance and walked back to the Garage (took about 15 minutes of brisk walking down the highway - in hot and humid weather conditions at that!!) Seems they had found some issues (don't they always?) The brake pads needed to be changed and a front strut was leaking and had to be ordered to be replaced.  I still have to take it back once that arrives to be fixed. So, I ended up with a bigger bill than I thought (good old plastic to the rescue) and i still have another hefty bill to come since the strut is no longer under warranty (over 60,000 km on the car) And come next May I turn the car in for a newer lease. Oh boy...
Better sign off for now and feed the animals. By the way I just poured myself a wee shot of sherry to warm my innards and get me through the rest of the day. I already had my comfort cup of tea - I guess that wasn't enough haha!   Bye for now......

No comments:

Post a Comment