Saturday, July 28, 2018

Made it home

David and Loren arrived home about 11:30 last night.  They both looked like they had a good time.  Not much talk about the football game, but this was David's first time at the new stadium, and there was lots of talk about the seats and elevators etc. Evidently the bus ride to and from, leaving the car at St. Vital Centre Park'n'Ride, was an experience for both of them.  David spoke of having to ride, packed in like sardines, standing up.  I can see David's concern, given his balance problems.  David was tired, as expected, and he's still sleeping, although I've been up for a couple of hours.

Yesterday we did our monthly shopping.   Missed a couple of things.  David likes to scan his Air Miles card at the grocery store, on days when there is a game on, as there is some sort of deal where names are drawn to win various things, whenever there is a touchdown ( I think that's how it works).  So we can pick up something today, and get the card scanned.  

Yesterday, knowing he would be going out in the evening, I tried to get the shopping organized so as to reduce the physical stress, as much as possible.  We were also doing a laundry, meaning that the beds linen would need to be changed.  This is a physically demanding job for both of us.

I had 7 different stores on the list, but had rated them according to how urgent the visit was.  We made it to 5 of them, and were still home by noon.  The last two, I would like to get to today.  One visit was #1 in terms of urgency, ahead of grocery stores.  That was Dollarlama--for new sunglasses.  Couldn't find mine anywhere, and wondered whether I had left them at Tim Horton's, after my massage Thursday.  Love my nice new ones, and the lady at the bank had a pair of scissors to cut the label off.  Until then I was wearing them with the label hanging down over my nose.  Isn't it amazing how appearances aren't as important when one gets older?
Unfortunately, I found the old glasses this morning, in the bedroom.  I'm not concerned, as they were getting scratched, and were ready for replacing, anyway.

We continue to be be blessed with lovely summer weather.  I'm getting out to the patio almost everyday.  For this, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment