Monday, July 30, 2018

Unsettled weather over next few days

Evident today at home when I had to water the plants as they had been left a day or two and obviously were wilting from lack of water? As I was watering rain started to sprinkle - so I am watering the plants with the sun almost shining and the rain coming down and me with an umbrella in one hand and the hose in the other. Does this seem right? All the while Harry was at the BBQ doing hamburgers. Crazy.
We went to North Bay this morning to shop and I also went to the Bus terminal and purchased tickets for my trip. Dates are as previously discussed - leaving Sept 12 from North Bay for WPG and leaving Winnipeg for North Bay Sep 19.
Hazy skies and the smell of smoke evidence of the fires just to the west over Lake Nipissing - these fires are not under control and encroaching on Highway 69 to point it may be closed - one report said the visibility was 0%. The weather conditions and winds are not helping but hindering attempts to fight. 
In North Bay I was able to purchase an overblouse and three sleeveless under blouse tee shirts all of which will be perfect for the trip. I believe I am set for clothing (I'll rectify if after making a master list, this is not so) - so now I will plan the other articles/items I may need to bring. This should keep my mind focused until I can actually pack and get on the bus haha!
In meantime, life goes on and I have produce to take care of. The apples from my one really good tree are falling off - birds or just falling- so I have picked these smaller freefalls off the ground and hope to make an apple crisp. This tree produces larger greenish apples that are perfect to bake.   All for now. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment