Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Bay

It is sad to think of that majestic store - once a favourite haunt and destination of mine, could be in such poor shape. But then I was just as sad when they tore down Eatons store. How many trips did I make to Eatons and to the annex to order catalogue cloths and try them on. But were there not some attempts being made to revitalize The Bay. I thought I had read it at some time in the Free Press?  Still glad that on one of my trips to Winnipeg that I visited The Paddle Wheel just before they closed it up completely.
No relief in the hot and humid. We had only a sputtering of rain - just enough to make it really humid again after a few days of relief.  I am working in the yard regardless and wearing my rubber boots which can be clumsy and hot but protect me in encountering the snakes that Harry says are still accumulating around the raspberry patch. Dehydrating herbs now as well as garlic from the garden. Harvesting the garlic can be a pain but Harry seems to be taking it in slow steps - as much as he can manage at a time anyway - which makes it easier for me. 
Just sent a message to my friend Sue who leaves tomorrow for a trip to BC and a cruise up the Inner Channel - all arranged by her two daughters as a Birthday gift. They have made all the arrangements and so they shall all enjoy a Mother/Daughter adventure. Nice.
Time for some cereal covered with fresh raspberries ...yum. Enjoy your visit to the Gallery Pati. Sounds interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment