Sunday, July 8, 2018

Hot-"nuff said

Yesterday the humidex was 46.  We're just staying inside, and amusing ourselves as best we can.  But I still venture out for my coffee, early in the morning. Late, this after noon David went for a bike ride. Fell and ended up with a nasty case of road rash, on his left elbow.  He's been trying to get around the block once a day.  I wish I could join him, but I just don't have the range of motion in the left knee.  This evening he was out watering, and discovered buds on the second of our Hydrangeas.  They have been very late to bloom this year, and we lost one from winter kill.

Today I started a charity quilt.  I did the math, and had figured out quite closely, how many pieces to sew together, but by the time I had all the pieces together, there were enough for two full quilts.  Not sure how that happened. I have a small hand beading project I'm working on, but wanted to use the machine a bit.  When I'm doing the donkey work on the machine my mind can sometimes come up with new art projects.  ( weren't we talking about that a couple of postings ago?) I have the very basic beginnings of three reliquaries, with fabric, beads, and various embellishments tucked away, but unless I can come up with a starting point, it's no use trying to force it by starting.  I learned that lesson quite awhile ago.  

The physio exercises, for my left shoulder, are going well, but leave both my back and right arm sore.  Last time I was there, he told me not to push it, so I'm not.

It's that time of the year when we start to eat out of the freezer, so as to prepare for fall sales.  So, tomorrow evening we are eating steak.  A real treat, but we have found the last few years that the amount of things like meat, that we eat, is much smaller than it used to be.  That's okay.  There is no way we could afford to eat the amount of beef that we used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment