Tuesday, July 24, 2018

It's raining!

Finally we have some rain that will make a difference - at least I do not have to use the hose to water.
We went to Huntsville today and ran into torrential rains and thunder and lightening. Even the Metro store where we shopped had buckets all over the store to catch the dripping water leaking from the roof.  So I felt for sure it would be the same at home and even worried a little about water accumulating at the front. As we drove further North it became dryer and finally stone dry here. Not a drop had fallen. So it was business as usual until about 4 pm when the sky darkened and the rain fell.....Yeah! It may not last but it is rain. It should also help with the forest fires to the West of us - unless lightening starts more.
I take the car to the Dealership tomorrow to have the strut replaced. I got a call a few days ago to say the part was in. I expect this bill shall be a bit high but will have to deal with it.
Update on the birds: my little chick is becoming so beautiful - with her feathers coming in she is filling out nicely and shows signs of a gorgeous teal colouration which I favour.  The first pair from which my chick was hatched and then abandoned, have already laid two new fresh eggs - so the beat goes on, the beat goes on...lets all sing along!.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment