Friday, July 6, 2018

Only 3 hours more......

....and my holidays start.   I'm not packed yet, but I do have a suitcase.  Rrain had one in the basement full of old clothes so I just put the clothes into my old suitcase and took hers. We figured it would be worth paying the extra and take a suitcase than trying to fit everything into a small carry-on. I think our medication alone would fill one!  We didn't get a gift for Glenda, but we've been in communication with some of the rest of the family and are talking about all going in together and getting something bigger.  Chris (her son) suggested a weekend in Victoria.  We are only going to be there for a week (arrive late Wednesday and leave very (5am) early the next Wednesday.  Tim (Jim's son) and his family are arriving on Friday.  Glenda's sons and families, and I think Jean's son are coming on the ferry on Saturday.  Jean gets there on Tuesday.  Originally she told Jim she was leaving on Wednesday, so he booked the same flight and then she realized it was Tuesday.  Glenda and Pete are going to be making a lot of trips to Comox to pick people up.  I think Tim's family might need more than one car.  Of course I expect the garden to start to ripen while we are gone.  There are already Saskatoons ready to pick and the beans shouldn't be much longer.  I was going to go home and do laundry after work tonight but we are under a heat warning so it might be too hot in the house to do laundry.  Though it is going to be even hotter tomorrow (humidex over 40)  I will try to take some pictures while I am gone.  Not sure if we will travel around much with so many people there but we will try.  I remember some really nice spots from the last time we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment