Thursday, July 26, 2018

Trip to North Bay today

I went to North Bay today on my own to Willie's to celebrate his Birthday which is today. I made the customary and expected Cherry Cheese cake and spent some time with him and his entourage. It is a good day when I can spend a little time there to visit and have a conversation even though we speak on the phone frequently, a visit means a bit more for me.
I shopped a bit first and noticed as I exited my car at the first store, the smell of smoke in the air. I cannot smell it in Sundridge but it was very evident in North Bay. Too close for comfort and apparently many of the forest fires in the area are still out of control.
I had to water when I got home as the forecast rain has never materialized even though around supper the skies darkened and I could hear thunder, it quickly moved off and without any water to moisten the poor plants!  I should not really say "poor plants" as they are producing in excess right now. I have so many tomatoes now to do down, and I have cereal covered with a ton of raspberries every morning. Thankful to Harry for picking the raspberries as I am not venturing into the patch at all and I can see them in my morning walkabout red and juicy and jumping out at me haha!
Time to close up ......take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment