Sunday, July 22, 2018

Fires

We've heard a lot on the news about fires in Ontario, but not as much about Manitoba, although I believe there are a couple they're worried about here.  I was thinking about you when I hear they were so close to you.

Today was mostly spent working in the kitchen.  I've been so busy in the studio lately, that it's been badly neglected.  I started by cleaning the fridge.  With the garbage going out tonight, for pick up early tomorrow morning, it was a good time.  Now that's done, a couple of cupboards have been deep cleaned, and all the floor washed, including the back foyer, and stairs.  I was very proud of myself with the two cupboards.  Both of them are low and deep, and have pipes or wires running through the back of them, making it very hard to clean in corners etc.  I figured out that if I crumpled up a wet Swiffer floor sheet, and held it with my long handled reacher, I could get around the pipes and wires, while sitting in a chair.  Worked well.  The carpet that we have in the back foyer is getting badly stained, especially on the reverse side.   We just looked at it, vacuumed it, swept the back and put it back down on the floor.

Then it was time to head out to pick up a prescription at Walmart, and head for Starbucks.  By the time we got home the clouds had rolled in and the wind had come up.  No rain though, so I drank my coffee in the back yard.  There were two smaller rabbits eating grass at the foot of the tree, just a few feet away from me.  They were aware of me, but not bothered until the fellow next door dumped a bag in his garbage bin.  He was behind them and they both headed straight for me, stopped for a second to look at me, when they were a couple of feet away, and then just kept going straight--right over my feet and across the yard.  Guess they really don't see either of us as a threat.  The birds actually chastise David until he puts out more food for them.

Now, we're both pretty tired and will probably veg out in front of the tv.  There are two hours of Antique Road Show this evening.  Good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment