Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Still nice and hot in these parts...

Trying to manage this heat still although I must say without that intense humidity we experienced over the weekend it is better. When I took the dog out early for his first weewee I was so pleasantly surprised as it felt coll and with a slight breeze very nice. Now the sun has done its thing already and it is hot out again. The worst is inside the house where i shall probably not get it aired out and cool until there is a dramatic change in the temperatures.
We went to Huntsville this morning ( Tuesday haha!) and dropped off some garlic scape's at brother in laws and then did a quick shopping. I entered the TD Bank to do some banking and there was a line up to the door! So this turned out NOT to be a quick trip but the folks in the line were all pleasant and joking so it wasn't too bad to wait my turn. I had some coins rolled to turn into cash and usually people look poorly on this - taking up their time perhaps ?- but when you have them all rolled and taped and labeled with account and elastic together as to type eg toonies, loonies etc the process goes quickly.
The rush this morning was that I had to get back home though as for the last two days I have been hand feeding one of the chicks just almost three weeks old but who seems to have been shunned by the parents. it was not thriving and I had been observing it for a bit until i finally removed it from the nesting cage and put it into a smaller cage I had and started q2hourly feedings. I cut it back to q4hourly over night and will see how he responds today. the literature I am reading suggests I should be able to cut out feedings from midnight to 6 am but since he was in poor shape and is only now responding nicely i want to make sure he is getting enough from the formula feedings i am giving. So i am tired - up for night feedings - how did we do this with the kids??
So on with the week - the shopping is done, and the bills are paid, and I only have to go over to the Lottery store to satisfy that "need" and since it has been many days since the garden has been tended - the odd watering here and there only, i expect that shall be high on the To Do list.  I am really liking you new work Pati that you posted on the Mouse Factory Blog. What interests me is your thought process in preparation - you had mentioned about the brain piece you had in mind and here I see it materialize from thought to cloth and FMQ and now for embellishments, and the special "words" you have created including the word rejoice - I think we should all rejoice! Very nice. 
Are you getting packed yet Cathy. I am so exited for you - can you imagine if i were the one going somewhere - there would be dancing in the streets  haha!   Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment