Friday, July 20, 2018

So Friday has come?

For me, idle thoughts and insignificant tidbits they are NOT as I look forward to all messages and read them several times enjoying  the communication so much. We all have such different lives it is a real treat to hear all about another's events, happenings, or thoughts, or even another's little bit of venting/whining, right?
The weather is still hot - really hot today. There was heavy smoke reported over North Bay yesterday and a bit of a check on the internet stated the cause was from fires to the west around Parry Sound area. I did not notice any disturbances here which is surprising but then it all depends on the wind direction I guess.
With one exception of walking to the Bank and Lottery store this afternoon, I was in the yard working from 7 am to 5:30 pm. I accomplished a great deal and it made me feel good to accomplish what I did, but I have to admit I am totally bushed! I should have a good sleep, shouldn't I?  I wore my big rubber boots all day weeding in the beds - I am still a bit taken aback to know there are snakes "in them there beds". At least if I encountered one, my boots would give me some protection from being totally frightened. Or maybe not? Harry has told me he saw one twice while picking the raspberries so I have to believe him.
I am backing off of the many feedings to the little budgie chick as it seems not to be interested now and has been observed to be foraging well in the cage.I shall offer her some before bed to be sure but last night I did not feed her from 6 pm until this morning at 5 am and even then she hesitated to take much. She is the weirdest looking little chick of any that have been hatched under our watch but she has character and personality and I give her credit for surviving her abandonment.  I have a picture of her and if I can I shall attach it to an email. 
So for now I shall bide you goodnight. Have a nice weekend.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment