Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sunday evening and all is well?

Still hot and sunny. Just back in from watering the entire yard - takes a long time but you have to be sure to get everything, and everything is so dry. But already have bowls of tomatoes on the counter and I still separately need to pick the spinach and salad growing out there. Tomorrow i wish to pick the red currants as they are ripe on the one tree and although I did not intend to use them up this year, I could not resist seeing the beautiful ripe berries calling to me.
And I am very busy with the birds - now have the second young chick in the small cage as the parents seem to be attacking him - the same as they did with the chicks from the last batch. I have to watch the babies closely to be sure they are eating OK and that they don't go after each other? I am at q 4 hourly feedings but sometimes it is every three or three /half hours apart. During the night I leave from midnight until about 5 or 6 am. Last night Harry woke me up at 3;30 am to say "don't you have to feed the bird". I was not amused haha!
Good news - I got the tea I ordered - two boxes purchased and the local Village Bins Store owner says she can order it anytime so I do not have to worry about not finding it, or having to stock up. I find the flavour different but pleasing Stash Chamomile Nights - caffeine free herbal tea.
Time for bed - that means many night time chores to complete before I actually get into bed but it goes with the territory. And I must be sure to get up for the last bird feeding at around midnight.
Hope all is well with you folks.  Keep smiling....XX

No comments:

Post a Comment