Saturday, July 14, 2018

In and cool?

Instead of "out and about" its a good idea to stay "in and cool". Lucky you to have a/c in these weather conditions. I still use the ceiling fans which helps a bit. But I must go outside. This morning I must water - the promised rain came in the middle of the night and turned out to be only a light, short lived sprinkle. I had depended on a bit more to relieve the constant dryness and need to water regularly. In spite of this weather though, it is surprising how well the plants are growing and producing. Yes, I must step up my consumption of tomatoes as they are starting to pile up on the kitchen counter haha!
Pati I would not be able to survive if I did not have the shorts and light shirts to wear outside. Even in the house I have to remove my socks and run barefoot to keep cool. That's why I mentioned long ago about wanting to make a skirt - so much more air flow down under with a skirt or moo moo - of course never got further than washing the fabric but the idea was good haha!
I have been watching my roses closely and patiently waiting for the little buds to open - the deep red rose is just about to open and if i went out right now (early) I would probably see a gorgeous rose.They do not last long but i surely do like them. I have four large roses ( two red and one white and one unknown as it has been hidden in the raspberry patch until i discovered it and cleared around it for more light) and this spring the lady from the lake gave me three miniature red roses which have bloomed long ago but are now growing and thriving beautifully in my little garden at the back. Small little pleasures that make me happy!
Thinking about you Cathy and sure that you are having a good time. Enjoy every minute and when you get home we shall look forward to hearing from you.
On with the weekend.....lots to do .....stay cool.....Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment