Monday, July 30, 2018

Busy in the studio

but still finding time to head out for coffee and then a  few minutes peace, while drinking it in the back yard.  We bought a new finch feeder on Friday, and filled it.  Not much action until yesterday, and then only sparrows, although I did see a little bird with a rosy breast, that might not have been a sparrow.  I know that birds are a very suspicious bunch, and imagine it will take them awhile to take the finch feeder seriously.  David continues to fill the larger feeder at least once a day, so today I mentioned that maybe we might not want to spend that much on bird food.  A medium ( 20lb?) bag costs almost $30.

Sunday morning, I couldn't live with my hair, so showed up at the walk-in hairdresser in Walmart right at 10:00 opening, and had most of it cut off.  Feels much better.

Yesterday, while I was out in the yard, the neighbour lady across the back called me over and offered me 3 cucumbers, and an handful of radishes.  Had one of the cucumbers, the radishes, a handful of cherry tomatoes and a bit of chicken for supper, and it was just fine.  But my weight was up this morning, and then when I read the paper, I came across a comic that I ended up cutting up and posting on the fridge.  Usually I send them to you, Beth, but this one I kept.  A chubby, disheveled fellow was sitting at the bar and says to the bartender, "Maybe I need to stop eating so many donuts".  The bartender asks "why?"  The fellow says "They seem to make my clothes shrink".  So today, it was back to phase #1.  This time, I bought sole rather than cod, by mistake.  Knowing it is a more delicate fish, and only takes seconds to cook, I "fried" it up in a frying pan with a tiny bit of Pam, rather than baking it.  A much nicer meal than the usual cod poached in tinfoil.  Yuck!

I have actually started finishing the needlework project that I found awhile ago.  All of the stitching was complete, and I had the rest of the supplies, so why not?  There are several components to the task, but all of those are now ready to be put together, slowly and painfully by hand.  I'll try to take a couple of pictures.

Nothing urgent on the calendar until Saturday, when I pick up my pieces from the gallery in Selkirk.  I'll be glad to get them safely home, as I need them for the show in Pinawa in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment