Sunday, July 22, 2018

Yes, I remember it well....

That was quite a day for you Pati and I had wished I could help you but the judging was yours. I kept myself busy and all in all a very interesting day. You were exhausted because of the weather, and the duration and also because of keeping your "cool and calm" attitude throughout the entire process. I admired you for your endurance, but we sure were glad to drive away that night, weren't we!
Some may describe my little chick as "scruffy", which is a good word. Here is what my printed literature wrote: ....the budgie chick resembles an unkempt miniature dinosaur, with a pleasingly ugly mix of down and pin feathers, and a lot of the character and curiosity that will stay with it throughout its life. I think that describes this little chick perfectly. The other chicks we have seen through hatching and care and growing, are mostly all very beautiful and each truly has a distinct colouration and character.
Just waiting for the rain to come as promised in the forecast. Today rain should start any minute and rain should come off and on over the next two days. This is what we need. The forest fires are ever so close to us in this area with the French River area and Killarney Prov Park been evacuated and some areas in southern area of Sudbury being put on alert. It is another bad year for these parts as it is in BC by all the news reports I am hearing.  What is the status in Manitoba now?
I am about to do something with the accumulating tomatoes sitting on the counter and Harry is out right now to pick again. This will be a daily process I guess as things start to ripen wildly. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment