Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Catching up

 Yesterday was great!  Not so great to get up early, but since we were both awake before our alarms, maybe not so much of a conflict?  Two stops on the way up, for washrooms, newspapers and Timbits. Thinking that everyone would share in the Timbits, I bought a box of 50, but then none of the ladies helping to hang the show ate any!  This left 50 for the family. It took a little bit longer than expected to hang the show, as the ladies were determined to have every thing level and looking even.  I t wasn't necessarily a good day for me physically, and I couldn't help as much as I would have liked. There were only 18 pieces, which didn't quite fit the space available but it turned out that the pieces were too wide to fit between the windows on the South wall, so that space was left empty. After everyone left, Jim and Dave went for pizza, and Rraine showed me through her work room.  She has a deal with her Board allowing her to work in the space there.  She has space to work, and customers for masks know where to find her. I was very impressed with her layout, and the amount of supplies she has.  Quite an efficient set-up. We bought one, plus  spare, each and find them much more comfortable to wear than the ones we've been using.

While we were waiting for pizza and for a bit after eating, I showed Cathy and Rraine through my sketchbooks.  It was the first time I've wanted to share them fully with anyone,  (Gail has seen parts of a couple of them), and it turned out to be a much more emotional experience than I had thought. I was exhausted, something I certainly hadn't anticipated.  I couldn't keep awake driving home, although I definitely tried.  Still, David says there was one stretch on hwy #16 where I was deep asleep for about 15 minutes.  I never sleep in the car!!

Overall, it was a great day, with seeing everybody, talking to Beth, and even including  Rraine in one of our "get-togethers".

No comments:

Post a Comment