Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Pumpkin Spice Latte

 Wow!  I don't know what to say.  Pumpkin Spice Latte is the house specialty at Starbucks.  It is a sweet milky flavoured expresso coffee, usually served with Whipped topping, and very nicely spiced--IMHO.  I believe the flavour comes from "flavour shots" as do most of the flavours they serve, but there is also a sprinkle of something on top.  I don't buy it often, and usually order it without the whipped topping(I LOVE whipped topping, but don't need the calories).  I half think the flavour is better without the Whip, aseverything is in the coffee, or maybe I'm just fooling myself.  If you can get back any time soon, mention the problem, and they may rectify it.

We're settling in to our social isolation gradually, and may never make it all the way.  David has decided to get a hair cut today, and my friend Geesje is going to drop in a little later to return some books.  I'm still trying to get some stitched pieces finished to go into the Gift Shop at the end of the month, but can never seem to get the time together to work on them.  I keep telling myself "Maybe today".  Well--maybe today.

There was along article in today's paper about the murder of Irene Smith.  Always a little disturbing to read about it again.  This time they mentioned that her father was a detective.  I remember him kindly coming over to help Mom bathe Grandpa Hughes, when he was living with us, as Dad wasn't able to do it.  That was a Good Neighbour!

No comments:

Post a Comment