Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Wednesday afternoon

 And what's going on around here?  My 3 hour Zoom workshop yesterday was a worthwhile experience, and I would try one again.  The organization may have a couple more in the works, and I'll look forward to being able to participate.  Most of it consisted of things I had heard of before, but this time there was a slightly different twist on it, and a welcome reminder of things I have done in the past and forgotten over the past couple of years.  Most were things that I will be quite willing to try again.  However, between the anticipation, and the concentration during the workshop itself, I was exhausted when it was over.  Thank Goodness, I had warned David that we would be going out for supper.  We tried a new stir fry place that has opened in the same place as the stir fry store that we had patronized before. I don't think we'll be going back again.  The food was passable.  The atmosphere was almost freaky.  In all the time we were there only one other person came in and she picked up a menu.  There were three staff, of whom only one spoke acceptable English.  the fellow who actually served us wasn't the one, which was exacerbated by the fact that he spoke softly and was wearing a mask.  The other fellow didn't speak to us at all, but just followed instructions given in some sort of language mix. While we were eating a lady showed up, who appeared to be in charge.  The service was not even bare minimum.  Our raw food was served off a buffet, according to our instructions, then taken to a Mongolian grill.  We were not offered any sort of drink container although there was a fountain drink display.  We were not offered any sort of utensil.  I had to find a tray by the cash register and pick up forks and napkins by myself.  Then, rather than plates, our food was given to us in take out containers, which we took to a table, opened and ate.  While I used a debit machine to pay, it didn't contain any method of not paying a tip, so they got the bare minimum tip, and the total cost was still extreme for the quality and type of food we had.

Today, I somehow managed to delete all of my archived storage folders off my e-mail.  This wasn't a job for the Geek Squad, but rather Shaw, and I just didn't have time for a four hour call, just then. At first I had no way of creating more storage folders, but found it after a lot of fooling around.  Then we tackled washing the kitchen windows.  This requires that they all be removed from the frame and get washed individually at the kitchen sink.  That all sounds bad enough, but then comes the task of putting them back in.  Much more difficult than it sounds and it took David almost two hours.  This was followed by the decision to discard the Venetian blind over the sink.  There had been a problem when it was first installed, and it has never worked at all.  Good riddance.  However, discarding was more difficult than first thought.  David spent an hour cutting it into smaller pieces, so that it could be fit into a green garbage bag.  Of course, this had to be done in the middle of the kitchen, so lunch consisted of a hard boiled egg, two cookies and a hand full of trail mix.  Not good.

So now it's supper time, and I haven't even been downstairs today, let alone spent any time in the studio.  However, I did get to watch a video from the Last Homely House.  There are three new ones on the site, but for some reason I haven't been getting notifications.

Tomorrow the plans start with a 6:00 am doctor's appointment, followed by a 10:30 meeting our in Selkirk, that may last well past noon.  Then there is an important shopping trip to the other side of the city.  We desperately need new batteries for our in house phone system, before all four of our phones go dead.  And how's your day going?


























t

No comments:

Post a Comment