Friday, September 18, 2020

Shopping Finished

 We did it!  We made lists and power shopped so as to fill up both freezers, the pantry, and the fridge.  The small area under the basement stairs is also now full of paper towel, toilet paper, and soft drinks. There is more power cooking scheduled for the next couple of days, as we found nice looking beef stew for a really good price.  We also found a couple of nice roasting chickens on sale, as well as some mild Italian sausage--something David can eat. Then he treated himself to several old fashioned Hungry Man tv dinners.  The only thing on the list that we couldn't find was the special toothpaste that the dentist has recommended for me.  The pharmacist checked for us and let us know that it isn't even listed in the book of things they can order from their wholesale sources.

So we are now in a position to hunker down and self isolate, to a certain extent, for the next couple of months.  I'm not looking forward to it, but we'll still be able to go places like the library and pharmacy, so we will get out once in awhile, and I have my Zoom meetings.

But there is a lot of work piling up in the studio.  I just haven't really been in the mood enough to give it priority over the little things that pop up as part of life.  Some how I need to find that energy, and get on with it.  However, it mostly seems to be housework that is demanding my attention.  Maybe I just need to give myself a strong talking to about finding the joys in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment