Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Good news from the optometrist

 I saw the optometrist today. There is no sign of macular degeneration and although there is indication of cataracts they are so small he felt silly mentioning it. And I don’t need new glasses. The tomatoes are ripening, but there are so many!  I never thought I would have that complaint. And I guess I am not alone in not getting many peppers this year. It seems to be a common complaint around here. Jim used some of his potato money this year to buy himself a new chair. The one he had used to belong to Doug Paterson’s mother. He is the lawyer I worked for over 20 years ago. He brought it into the office for clients but we were afraid one of the elderly clients would get in and never get out!  Kris took it and when he moved we got it. It really needed replacing. It rained all day today. Not heavy, but steady. It was enough to settle the dust. I roasted a chicken for supper. I have been craving it and today was cool enough to have the oven on. Yummie!  Mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing and gravy. How can I ever top that. And the veggies were from our garden. Even better. Rrain is making masks for Mike and Willie right now. Since the boys chose some of the patterns themselves she is excited to make them. She really hopes they like them. We were supposed to have pickeral delivered around 3 pm today but they never arrived. Jim texted and called, but no response.  We left the money at the legion, but it closes in 15 minutes and we heard nothing. Hope nothing happened to them. Hope you have a great week. Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment