Monday, September 14, 2020

What's on my mind

 Every time I open Facebook, it asks me what's on my mind.  Well, we went grocery shopping this morning.  The first step in our plan to stock up on things so we can socially isolate to a greater degree over the next little while.  Then we power cooked and put away 25 individual meals for David.  We also plan to put away a few Turkey pot pies using leftovers when we cook our Thanksgiving turkey.  We also bought a little bit of liquor.

This morning I watched three videos on EPP by Tula Pink.  She evidently does quite a bit of EPP, and has a whole website devoted to this past time.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzTBbxHsj9Y  I actually learned a lot more than I had thought I would.  She does her hand stitching a very different way than I have done it for the last 65 years.  I tried her way this evening, and found it easy to change to, and easier on my hands as well.  I also bought one of her patterns and all of the pre-cut paper pieces for it.  I guess my next project is planned.  This also gives me a reason to do a little fabric buying, slowly, over the next few months while I finish the one I'm working on now.  I have an idea of what to look for, but doubt that I can afford any of her own fabric lines.  I'll just have to find  similar stuff on the cheap table.

My Morning Pages are evolving into a means of journaling my struggles with eating, and any other concerns that clog up my brain.  I certainly don't want to go into any further detail here, but the process is still useful to me, and I plan to continue.  Tomorrow I have a 3 hour Zoom workshop with an internationally known instructor--Lyric Kinard.  The total fees for this are $20, and the class is limited to 20 participants.  There is no way in H--- that I would ever have had to opportunity to study under someone whom I have have followed for years and highly respect, if Covid hadn't totally changed the way the world works.  I'm so looking forward to this and warned David a week ago that we would be going out for supper tomorrow night.

But, you ask, will there be no housework done, shouldn't that have priority?  Hell no!  We even put the dirty dishes from our power cooking into the dishwasher and turned it one half full.  Tomorrow will be housework free.  I have decided that I am taking the day off.  Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment