Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Shopping yesterday

 Another trip to Huntsville yesterday to shop and fill the tank with gas. Harry likes to go to the Canadian Tire gas pumps and unlike other trips, I decided yesterday to go to the Starbucks right beside the pumps, and treat myself. I ordered the Pumpkin Spice Coffee and although it was a long wait, as they were very busy, I carried my cup to the car to wait for Harry who goes into Dollarama by himself - I will not go in there. Isip or two and I wondered what all the fuss was about. it had no flavour at all ...I expected delight but found only warm milky coffee. When I described it to Mike later in the day he suggested that the coffee must have been made wrong because he always heard how exciting and delicious this seasonal specialty at Starbucks is. I wonder if I got the spicy pumpkin flavour added or if added in only a small quantity? Pati, you said this particular flavoured coffee is strong ... so did I get fooled or are my taste buds gone haha!  I will go back to my tried and true Chai tea Latte on my next trip. But I did stock up a bit on some items trying to follow you both on what you are doing to stock up. My problem is space to put it all and also the "logging" in of each item when i get home. It is tedious to do but Harry still collects the points on the Nielsen web site and does surveys to accumulate points so I still have to log in every purchase.

The temps are better now this week and hope to get out into the yard again today to work. Harry took two loads to the dumps yesterday to tidy a bit, but there is lots of garden work to do. One is the water barrels which i will have to empty and store. Harry is getting his new garlic planted though for next year, and one of the jobs I had was to clean all the buds of the garlic harvested this year so that he could dehydrate it. i wear gloves to do that and somehow my hands have been affected with a red rash which really bothers me - lots of cream is helping a bit. maybe the gloves affected them??

Time for coffee and breakfast....hope your days are going well. The colours of the leaves is changing quickly here and driving down to Huntsville yesterday really highlighted how fast bu the gorgeous colours - soon all the tourist buses will be travelling along on their "Fall Colours Tours" if any are running this years\, that is.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment