Friday, September 18, 2020

Tea and books

 Yesterday I sat with Earl Grey tea, my Duchess mug and Louise Penny’s newest book. I requested it last July, before it was  released and mine was the first request!  I’m usually something like 27th. I was expecting Jim home around 3pm but they ended up having beer at work so I picked him up around 7pm. As a result I got in an extra 4 hours of reading and finished the book. I want to read it again but I know there are more people waiting. The library holds books for 3 days before checking them in so if I take it back today the next person can get it Tuesday. If I reread it they won’t get it until Thursday. To be nice or to be selfish. Decisions decisions.  With the potato harvest done Jim is just resting today (and groaning cause the aches have set in). Tomorrow will be different since the weekend is supposed to be beautiful and I have a number of outside projects in mind. Our region has been lowered to yellow status so masks are no longer mandatory, but most businesses In town are still requiring them. I am going to keep wearing mine anyway. They are also allowing gatherings of 50 indoors and 100 outside. I am surprised. I think I will still avoid crowds. Rrain is still making masks but I told her I wouldn’t be helping her tomorrow. With the nice weather and Jim at home I want to be here. Hope you both have a good weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment