Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Shopping day

Tomorrow is Thursday, and this is the day that we had reserved for our weekly shopping ( and don't think that isn't going to be a hard habit to develop and stick to!) I had a short list, a little 4x4 sheet of note paper, but in the last 24 hours, it has grown tremendously--to the point that I maybe have to transcribe it onto a much larger sheet, as it looks like a scribbly mess right now.  Additionally, Starbucks is having their first ever triple star day tomorrow.  So we'll certainly have to make a stop there.  I don't need a pound ( 12 oz really-375 gm) of coffee but the bargain is just too great to pass up.  I think I'll also have to buy a box of instant Pumpkin Spice Latte.  I have become quite addicted to it in that form, even if the calories are a killer.

David has arranged to have a plumber come to change the faucet set in the upstairs bathroom, next Tuesday.  He was out this morning to look at them in Home Depot and says he found one that should work, and is very similar to the new control for the shower.  We'll probably pick it up while we're out.  I'm feeling frustrated, as we seem to be addressing a massive plumbing problem in the house with a "patchwork" approach.  We could never get afford to have everything done that needs it, but we're "nickel and dime-ing" ourselves.

Someone, from the company that did the bathroom, is coming to patch the holes in the bedroom wall, on Friday, and he is supposed to come back on Monday to paint over the area. That should resolve our issues with them, and we will then pay the rest of what we owe them.

Nothing exciting going on in the studio, but I did finally finish the modern quilt that I started over  a year ago.  This has been preying on my mind, and progress has been slow, as I've found that actual work physically difficult.  I'm s-o-o-o glad to se the end of it, but then, I never really will as it's just not up to standard and will probably ever leave the house. After all, it was meant as a practice piece. I've been using it to procrastinate about a couple of more demanding projects but shall now have to face those, and I really don't look forward to it, even though I know I'll quite enjoy myself once I get started.  As they say--a first world problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment