Sunday, September 6, 2020

Really cool in the early mornings

Taking the dog out in the early morning is changing now with these really cool temperatures. I should put on a coat but as is habit I just rush out with my housecoat only and then wish i had put on a coat haha! Add a bit of misty drips /quasy rain and it is compounded with discomfort. And winter is not even here yet ..yuck.
Yes, I looked up that book on my site Fantastic Fiction  and it is to be published in October 2020....I must keep my eyes open for that opportunity. So it is back to dear old Cotton Malone and The Malta Pursuit and I have others that i can fall back on in meantime.
The dehydrator is working full force here in the kitchen and Harry is producing lots of little jars of spices and veg eg leeks, red peppers, onions, parsley, and of great interest he is doing sliced green tomatoes. He read on the net that they can be dehydrated and then rehydrated later (within 6 months) to use for fried green tomatoes which he loves right now. We trialed some and sure enough last night I fried them up with some fresh green tomatoes and they tasted just about the same. So we have discovered something new and he bought two more boxes of green tomatoes yesterday at the market.! And in the garden we are still picking smallish cucumbers and Harry found some green beans on all these vines that I had wanted to pull out because they were too unruley. So they are still in place and are expected to produce more beans because they are covered with flowers. What I will NOT do, is go out with any Qtips to try to pollinate haha!
Long weekend and all I hear on the news is about the number of people disregarding precautions and going out to Party - what they are calling "super spreaders'! And then schools here in Ontario are opening Tuesday, and people expect more issues. It is so uncertain.
On that happy note, I must go and start my day. Hope all is well with everyone, and you are taking some time to stop and smell the roses??? Pati, I like the idea of your morning pagers helping you and glad you started back at them. I sort of so something similar but not to the extent of them being like journals like you described.  Take care and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment