Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Frost

It finally happened.  My garden needed another few weeks but it was not to be.  Yesterday I picked all the tomatoes and peppers and the few remaining cucumbers.  7 milk crates of a variety of green tomatoes.  I made another batch of salsa and froze another 16 hamburger patties.  I am sure we will get in another couple of barbecues this year. Now what do I do????  Tomato junk is next on my list.  I use it in soups and stews and tomato sauces so I go through a lot in a year.  Rrain is caught up on her masks.  She still has orders, but the numbers are manageable.  Many of them are repeat orders so they have masks to use.  They just really like them and want more.  The potato harvest is going well this year, and there is little, or no rain in the forecast. (Unlike last year when they couldn't get the potatoes off because of rain).  Barring breakdowns, which always happen, they should finish within a couple of weeks.  I think this will be Jim's last year.  He is finding that the roughness of driving over the fields is really shaking up his back and hurting.  With the cool weather coming I am starting to think about stocking up on freezer meals again.  We never seem to eat any homemade soups or stews or casseroles in the summer.  Just too hot to turn the oven on. I'll see how long this enthusiasm lasts 😜   Today I feel really lazy.  I guess I was so busy yesterday I just want to sit around and read today.  I do have to do some shopping, and the garbage has got to go to the dump, so I will leave the house.  But not for a couple more hours. This getting up so early in the morning throws me off.  By 8 am I have done all sorts of stuff and I still have the entire day ahead of me! And now I will go and put all the things I froze yesterday into their proper spots in the freezers.  Have a great day 

No comments:

Post a Comment