Monday, December 21, 2009

Be - I am now a performer!

Well, it leaves much to be desired but tonight I attended and participated in one of my music school's Christmas concerts. The owner arranges for the school to play at various events eg the mall, nursing homes etc as a promotional for the school as well as to allow students to play in front of others. Tonight from 6:30 to 7:30 I went to one of the Nursing Homes in North Bay to join in as a student- my very first performance. I really wanted to go to "initiate" myself so to speak.... I figure that if I am going to learn to play that I should also start to demonstrate to others - that is to others than the cats, the dog and Harry's Mother! I thought it would help to improve my confidence a bit as well as show support for the school. The program had about 27 songs and dancing numbers of which I was actually able to attempt 5. These were the only ones that I had learned. For the other tunes, I stood there with the others and held my violin and smiled and sang along. The speed of the tunes played was much faster than I am able to play and consequently I mostly just tried to play a few notes when I could without embarrassing myself too much. I will call it a success for me personally as I achieved what I set out to do and that is to attend and attempt ot play. So here's to me...........
Now we are in the countdown for Christmas and I have been tidying up and making space for Mike to sleep in his old room. And we did the "big" grocery shopping for Christmas dinner yesterday. Most of the food stays here and on Thursday we do ALL the food preparation and then haul it all to Mothers Friday morning. Same old, same old...
Anyway, bedtime. Good to hear from your both via the blog and it seems we are all on the same wavelength about a lot of things which we probably would never be discussing together if it weren't for this means of communication. Thanks, and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment