Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Radio station prizes


We have that sort of thing here as well. A lot of it here is accessed through the internet. One of the ways you get the points is to actually go to different sponsors and get a special code to enter in. It sounds as though it's proven worth while for you, Beth. We've never bothered to sign up although we listen to one station pretty well consistently ( the old CKY that was our mainstay when I was young). Maybe I need to re-think that, although symphony tickets have never been offered, to my knowledge. Since we're now facing three+ months of being confined indoors, there may be a lot more radio listening in my future.


Cathy was right. We had really wanted to travel in day light. David's vision is not good, and seems to be getting worse. I'm finding it more and more difficult to drive a night. I can understand why older people become less and less socially active. I want to avoid that sort of thing, but it's really an up hill battle.


Having said that, today will be our last day without appointments for awhile. I received my Quilting Arts magazine yesterday and there is a technique in it that spurs my interest--and not much does these days--so I'm going to try to explore that a little. I also found a technique in a "Stitch" magazine that I want to take another look at. Both are collage techniques, and use similar materials. The Stitch magazine is borrowed and has to be returned tomorrow evening. I was getting a little "antsy" about it until I remembered the copy function on my printer. Duh!

Now I've screwed up completely. I tried to add the picture here, and it's not moving! I had promised a picture of my entry into the November Fast Friday Fabric Challenge. I hand painted little neurons, then free motion quilted them and then added beads. I'll put more on the other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment