Sunday, December 27, 2009

down days

I now have a test class for my Regina classes scheduled for late January. This resulted in an OMG moment, but now I've settled down to work. I knew what I wanted to do, but really didn't have any concept in my brain to pull it all together. So I've been spending the past few days researching design elements, and waiting for inspiration. Finally today, I decided to take a break from the books, and set up the exercises I wanted the students to do. Once I started to type, the flow of ideas started and my concepts have come together. Now I just have to get them on paper and test them myself. I feel I've made real progress today, and I'm quite relieved. I was getting very worried as this class just wasn't coming together. Still a lot of work to do, but at least, I have a sense of direction.

No, we aren't planning to head for Ichiban. Amber gave us some gift certificates for a local bar. We've eaten there before, and like the food. I really wish we could agree on a movie to see. I half wonder if we shouldn't be renting movies, but we both enjoy the poker too much. We may go for a drive in the afternoon. David loves to drive, and we can't afford to drive around Minnesota and North Dakota any more. Besides which some of the highways are still closed there. So it will probably be the interlake for us. Usually I take my camera and try to find artistic shots, but I left it at Amber's on Friday. I think it would make David crazy if I took my sketch book.

Anyway, it's late Sunday night. Too late for more poker. So time for a shower and off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment