Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Be - Wow! It was a trip for me as well...

I followed your every move Patty and think I also tasted your every bite whether New York Fries or Laura Secord. Sounds as if you had a great outing together and by your message there is still more to come!
I walked up to the big celebrations this afternoon - the Olympic Torch made it's way down the Main Street of Sundridge at precisely 3:58 pm today. It was over in a flash but very well orchestrated. I had watched a special on TV some time ago about how precise it is being managed and I would have to say they are succeeding. I also cannot image the amount of public money being spent on the whole affair - wonder what it could pay for if used for poverty, or hunger, or lodgings for those that are in need? Well enough ranting...for there is yet another celebration awaiting Kris as he takes the torch and does his run. I will be watching intently as it winds it way through Manitoba and Brandon.
Patty I have to tell you that when I used the red Delectible Mountain quilt that you gave me on the bed for Mike over Christmas ( I pull it out for special!) I was surprised to spot some very familiar fabric - there were at least three I recognized from that quilt that I used in the nine patch that I just made - you maybe recognized some of the fabric too?
Last night on TV they interviewed the author of Hermetic Code and he states that he sent a first print copy to Dan Brown years ago when it came out, and now the new novel from Dan Brown called The Lost Symbol has some very coincidental similarities to the Hermetic Code. The Lost Symbol is based on the Free Mason connection with the Capital Building in Washington. I really enjoyed reading the Hermetic Code when I was in Winnipeg a few years ago - did you like it Cathy?
Well, life goes on here - had to make a quick trip to Mothers this morning - her homemaker was there and the washing machine quit full of water. Long story short...Harry and I drove to Huntsville and ordered for delivery of a new machine from Leons to come on Saturday. For an extra price they will take away the old one ( once Harry empties it tomorrow) I also brought all the laundry home and did it here ready to take back tomorrow. We will also have to go on Saturday so Harry can be there for delivery and hook up the new one, and I can keep Mother in the living room out of the way!
Anyway, time for bed - just heard all the fireworks going off at the waterfront - today was the Sundridge New Years Eve Family Celebration in conjunction with the Torch Relay so there were the usual activities at the Arena and waterfront. We can see the fireworks from out our front window and can certainly hear the loud ones so its like actually going down to to see them which I try to avoid.
Take care and Happy New Year to everyone. Will be thinking of David on his Birthday Jan 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment