Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sleeping in

It's amazing how much I look forward to the weekends so I can sleep in and then I am wide awake at 6 anyway! We worked meat draw last night and won our usual. No wonder I have to buy meat! Tonight I am working a supper at the legion and then tomorrow I promised Jim he could set up the tree. He has been painting in the kitchen for quite while now. He said it would go much faster if he didn't have to patch and sand so much. I like the look of it already. The west wall, where the opening to the living room is, is now painted green. The opening has been enlarged, and all the trim is white. The rest of the walls will be white, and the cupboards will be the same green, with white doors. I am looking forward to the finished product. Eventually, (hopefully before summer) we will get everything painted. Winter sure hit with a vengence. I am not prepared for the cold! I still want to wear my fall jacket. The new person finally starts on Monday. It has been a long 5 months. She came with holidays to use up, so I gave up my Christmas but I am taking the first week of March. It says a lot about my summer when I still have 18 days of holidays to use up by March. She is also going to Mexico in February. Life must be rough. I just hope she stays for a while. Jim has crawled out of bed. We had a miscommunication last night. Because we haven't been sleeping well, he said we should try a different bed. I moved everything into the other room and went to bed. He came up later and just climbed into the old bed. I must admit it was nice having an entire bed to myself. I took a chicken out for supper tomorrow. I feel like a nice old fashiioned meal with chicken and mashed potatoes & veggies and gravy (I'm getting hungry!) I saw the Doctor yesterday. He has put me back on an inhaler. He says it will help to loosen up my cough, which I have had for a month. Right after I tried it I could feel the difference so it seems it will work. Time to convince Jim he should cook me breakfast. Love Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment