Sunday, December 13, 2009

Money

We had a bit of a surprise. David had deposited all of the cheques from my sale at the end of November, and we were waiting for them to clear. I bought all of my Christmas gifts, and we were really broke, so went to check if the cheques had cleared. There was far less than I had thought in the account, and we're taking the car in tomorow for a full check up. This is only covered under warrantee if they find something that is covered. So some concerns, but when the bank statement arrived, we found the money from the cheques in an entirely different account! So our skrimping all month has left us with enough that we may be able to go out for our anniversary, depending on what the car costs.

Our anniversary is one thing that I try to celebrate in some way every year. Even birthdays ( except for the children) sometimes slip by, and Christmas ( again, except for the children) has never been a big celebration within the Findlay family. Our favourite place is that Japanese restaurant we took you all to--Ichiban. They have been extending the walkways around downtown, and have built a section right over the Japanese garden that was in front of the resaurant--I wonder how this will affect the place--it was hard enough to find before. This is our 44th anniversary. Forty-five is Rubies. I wonder if David will give me rubies next year. LOL

Today Amber is taking the children to her Christmas party from work. She is on the organizing committee, and so far we've been heavily involved--mainly in arranging for a throne for santa. Every child gets a picture with santa, and a gift, as part of the cost of the party. Well, Amber and I shopped for fabric, screen printed the snowflakes on the fabric to fit over grids for a backdrop. I made up the curtain to fit over MY grids, borrowed an extra grid from Dianne, and have agreed to let them use the big white wing chair from my living room for the throne itself. Now, this morning, we find out that we are delivering the grids to the hall and setting them up. My Spidey-sense tells me that we'll probably have to take them down and bring them home as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment