Sunday, December 6, 2009

Not a bargain after all

Pati here
A couple of shopping trips ago we found utility turkeys for $0.96/lb. We bought. Like Cathy, I've been craving old fashioned comfort food, so we hauled the turkey out to cook for the family today. Lately we have been cooking poultry ahead of time so that we can clean up the kitchen a bit before we eat, ( sure miss that dining room!)and David decided to cook it yesterday. What a tough old bird! There is no way it can be eaten as is, so this morning we are making casseroles, in hopes that long moist cooking will help it out a bit.

Christmas shopping and gift wrapping are done. I need to buy two small gift cards, but I know those are cheap at the dollar store. I plan to have the little ones help me decorate the tree when they are here today. All of the Christmas china is out, and yesterday I started the house cleaning. Why am I ready so early, you ask? Pure procrastination--nothing is going well in the studio, and I'm avoiding the place. I forced myself down there yesterday with plans to start finishing the beaded purse I've been working on over the past month or so. I had the finishing fabric half cut out, and carefull tucked away ready to go. Do you think I can remember where I put it??!! After an hour of tearing the place apart, I gave up. Then I decided to work on another piece that has been difficult to plan. I sketched out embroidery lines, and went for supper, came back and realized that it just wasn't right, so erased the lines. The deadline for that piece is tomorow night. It seems that whenever I make myself go down there, the result is frustration. At this point I'm thinking that my best option might be to eliminate all possible deadlines, and work for fun for awhile. There is only one deadline I can't avoid, so this might be a reasonable option.

I have been havong a few memory failures lately. I remember another elderly stitcher, who ultimately developed Alzheimers. Her first symptoms were the inability to plan/design work. She would gather together all of the supplies, and then not be able to continue on. Don't want to go there!!

I watched Fargo last night. A few weeks ago, I read a book in the series about the lady police chief/sheriff/ or whatever the heck she is, and had heard that Fargo had been based on the same series. It was somewhat hard to get into, but worth it in the end. I think they messed with the character of the lady, compared to the books, but I think it was only in an effort to emphasize the counterpoint between normal people living their daily lives and the anti-social/psychopathic lives of the bad guys. I wish I could remember the name of the book author--I would like to find some more of the series.

So here's David bringing me my coffee, all dressed and ready to start work. Guess I better get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment