Friday, December 4, 2009

Life is routine??

hardly at this time of year. I went in for the flu shot Wednesday morning. Today, I'm up before 6:00 because my arm is too sore to stay in bed. David expressed concern because, in his opinion, I take too many pain killers, so no Tylenol. I should be able to nap this afternoon. This will be the first Friday night I've spent at home in awhile, so get to watch ""Til Debt do us part" tonight while I'm beading. I'm hoping to take some stuff into the gift shop of the Costume Musem of Canada today. The Executive Director spoke to me at the craft sale last week and I called her yesterday. She is actually someone whom I've met in my dealings with the Red River Ex. Better my stuff is there, even if I have to pay a commission, than have it grow mouldy in my basement.

Yesterday, there was an Embroiderers' Guild meeting. My friend Carol James was guest speaker, but I've heard her talk before, so I took a little quiltlet I'm working on for the Fast Friday Challenge group. I managed to get all of the beading done, so now only have to finish the edges before I post a picture on the internet site. The deadline is noon tomorrow. The challenge was to use a microscopic image of something for inspiration, and incorporate paints and/or dyes into the process. I hand painted a small piece with my memories of neurons from the cytology course I took in 1964. Then quilted it and yesterday added little squiggles with beads. I used whatever paints I had on hand, in mainly primary colours, and was stunned when it was finished to realize how much it reminded me of Aboriginal art. I'm having real trouble getting motivated in the studio, and I'm hoping this project will "kick start" the process.

Otherwise we spend our evenings and sometimes our days playing internet poker. David arranged to transfer 100,000 of his play money chips to me, so now I can play for awhile without worrying about running out of chips. Before Sunday, I want to have all of the Christmas gifts wrapped. Some are quite big, and I have nowhere to hide them, so want to keep little eyes from seeing too much. We have decided not to make Nuts and Bolts this year--I may have already mentioned that.

No comments:

Post a Comment