Friday, December 11, 2009

Difficult news

David was at the Dr. yesterday to have the stitches taken out of his face. The lab results were back on the growth that was removed, and it has proven to be a melanoma. However, he was assured ( the Dr. read the lab report to him) that there was enough of the surrounding tissue included that they are confident that they got it all. But this meant that the Dr. decided to treat the other spots o his face and head a little more aggressively, so he used liquid nitrogen on 6 of them. He first outlined all of them with a special pen, and they can't be washed, so poor David is running around with all of these very reddened, blistering spots on his face, each outlined in blue pen. He has also been told to go back at the first sign of any new spots ( which tells me that new ones are expected) and that he must wear a hat year round.



Dianne spent a little time with me on Wednesday. Roseanne had sent us an e-mail advertising a bead sale, just a couple of blocks away, and I wanted to get there early, so at 2:00 we were waiting at the door. As part of the first 10 customers we got 15% off the already discounted merchandise. It turned out to be the remnanat of the store that had closed in Osborne Village as well as new stock she had brought in. She plans to try to operate out of her home. So we spent more than we could afford there. While we were there Dianne got a call from her husband (on my phone) asking her to pick up a package in Garden City. Then we were off to Poco Beads on Archibald, because, for some reason they were having a bead sale as well ( very quickly re-scheduled from some time next week). I was strong--and didn't buy anything at Poco--I was too embarassed at how much I had spent at the other place. Dianne invited herself for supper, so we had to make a stop at the grocery store on the way home. A pleasant supper ( that's when I showed her the picture of your quilt, Beth). Then, Dianne had a meeting at the race track and I had a quilters guild meeting. But my car wouldn't start--and I was supposed to pick my rider up in 10 minutes. So Dianne offered to drive us to our meeting and then head out to her meeting. Can you imagine the kurfuffle--Dianne in an emergency?

Anyway, the meeting went fine, and no-one noticed the cell phone I had in my brassiere--which rang twice during the meeting--Thank Goodness not when I was at the podium speaking. After we left, David remembered that we had road side assistance as part of our warrantee, and got a boost. Then he spent 2 hours driving around trying to charge the battery. So, for now, the car must be in the garage plugged in. The garage that is full of bicycles and a canoe. And it must be backed in. because the plug is by the door and on a short cord. Did I mention the canoe and bicycles? So David has to drive it in and I have to guide him. Which means both of us out in minus 29 every time we use the car. However, we have an appointment to have it checked out Monday morning. Thank Goodness again for warrantees.

NOthing else on tap for the next few days--not even company for supper Sunday. Amber is taking the little ones to the Christmas party from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment