Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Concert

Yesterday was Jessica's first school Christmas concert, and we went to the matinee. We were early enough to get good parking and good seats--and that's a whole bunch early! I hadn't realized that her school went all the way to grade 8. They obviously have a very thorough music program there, and, of course, every grade had to put on a number. The first two were the rythym band and they were pretty bad, but then they got into a play representing a talent contest and I was surprised at how inventive they were at both the numbers themselves and how they managed to get every child involved in some way. Overall we actually enjoyed it, to the point of laughing ( approriately) at some parts. Being French immersion, most of it was in French, but they had narrators who provided any translation necessary. Amber had arranged that we took Jessica home after the concert, and she was all "puffed up" at the importance of having her Grandparents pick her up early from school.

We had to bring her home because Darren needed to go and get his dog from the vet. The poor thing has some sort of hip dysplagia, and they had removed the head of his femur. I've heard of this being done for people, but didn't realize that they did it for dogs. And they sent him home within 24 hours!! So a very unhappy dog, and worried children. I hope it all works out. When everything is said and done, they are going to do the same thing for his other hip.

So tomorrow I have to introduce myself to yet another doctor. I half expect him to say that he can't take me on--that I have too many potential problems. He's associated with the Manitoba Clinic, so I have hopes that referrals will be a bit more easily done. And if he doesn't work out, I still haven't cancelled my January 22nd appointment with the female doctor I found last August. This is an appointment to discuss the urgent, repeat mammogram I had last September--the appointment that has been pushed back beyond all reason--in my opinion.

And I got a Royal Flush playing poker last night! Haven't even seen one of those in over a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment