Saturday, December 12, 2009

Be - Lots of snow but we are still OK

Thanks for thinking about us here -especially with the state of snow emergency being called by local officials. It is true that within a few days we went from grass to over three feet of snow but might as well let it come all at once! We have not been hit as bad as Huntsville and area which is just south of us. I was at Mothers Thursday and Friday ( another sleep over) to do baking and spent much time shovelling as well. Harry's sister lives in Huntsville so we heard via phone calls how it has affected them. The ski sloops are happy as could be because it was looking dismal for them last week.
Today we go up to North Bay - to do a few chores and then go to the Symphony Performance at 7:30 pm. I am looking forward to the show but not necessarily the effort to get up there to attend. When I came home from Mothers yesterday afternoon I put up our Christmas tree and decorated it best I could in a short time frame. I love to sit and look at the lights so was anxious to get it up but we have been so busy it seems, I wondered when I could do it. Bite the bullet and forge ahead I guess gets the job done in spite of being so tired from last few days of shovelling and being at Mothers baking non stop. And then at 7 pm when I thouhgt jammies and cuddle on chesterfield to watch TV was in order, Harry suggested we go over to the auction barn and listen to the "jam" - a few guys get together every Friday night to jam. Got home at 9 pm, in time to get ready to watch Spectacle with Elvis Costello at 10 pm. All in all a busy few days.
So must go to tidy up at get ready to hit the raod again.
Good to hear from you and thanks for nice comments about the quilt I made - it took a lot of time and energy and struggling from doubt about process to get it done.
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment