Sunday, December 13, 2009

Brrrrrr

Well, it's not even winter yet and the temps are -51 with the windchill! We lit a fire in the rec room and snuggled down. Back to work tomorrow. I didn't do that much this weekend. I got the laundry and vacuuming done on Friday, and we worked meat draw again (won our usual) Yesterday we cleaned the office (I cleaned the office ... Jim got his H1N1 shot) Then we went down to Jean's. The Hutterites have built her a porch and were going to cut down some trees that were in the way. They would not listen to anything Jean was saying, so she asked Jim (the token male) to come down to support her. I guess they met half way, because they are going to bring the porch in the way they wanted, but they cut down the trees Jean wanted. (they would have leaned over the new porch, and looked like they might even fall on it) Jim went back to the legion at about 4pm, but I had had a warm bath and put on my jammies by then. I was NOT moving. Today I have no plans, but I think I would like to get the bathroom clean and start on the kitchen. Our vent pipe is frosted over, and everytime I flush the toilet, I think it is going to come back up the bathtub drain..... I do so love winter. Pati, you will have to keep us posted on Dave. It sounds scary, but you said the Doctor seemed positive about things. You know we are both here if you need to talk. Christmas is almost here and I have done absolutely nothing. I think I will see if Kris and Sandi want to come and visit sometime in January. Of course, Jim signed us up for crib, so we have to work around the play offs. (Jan 9 & 23 so far) All Keri wants is striped socks, nuts & bolts and short bread.... and, of course, money. Since I have no money, no shortbread and really poor nuts and bolts, I guess she is out of luck again this year. I hope by January I can get caught up on some of our bills... why does everything seem to come due at Christmas? Its a really poor time to be this broke. Oh well, pay day is Friday and it will almost get me out of overdraft. Time to get some tea... have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment