Monday, December 21, 2009

Quiet time redux

I've been thinking about this a little more and I think I may have figured it out--just a little. When we were involved mothers, especially if we were working at the time, the only time we were "off duty" was in the early morning before the family got up. In the evenings we were usually exhausted and only loooked forward to sleep for ourselves, but those few minutes in the morning were a calm oasis. Even if our lives have changed, that remains a fond memory at some level.

OMG I've turned into a grandmother! Spent time last night crocheting "dummy" strings for mitts. Does anyone have a better name for them?

And my weight has remained stable for the past month--pretty good for December--or else a reflection on how pitiful my social live is.

No comments:

Post a Comment