Wednesday, December 30, 2009

too much hand work

My wrists have started to act up again. So--in the interest of joint conservation--David and I cruised the mall after going out to pay our bills, instead of coming home and working. We had a ball cruising dollarama and ended up spending almost $25.00, mainly on crafts. Now I can spend the whole evening sorting it all out and putting it away. Do you know how many sequins you can buy for a dollar? About 1000. We actually had lunch at New York Fries,then decided to check out Laura Secord for dessert. We had hopes that there might be some Christmas chocolate on sale. We saw Hallowe'en chocolate on sale and--ta da--easter eggs. So, our Hioliday treat to ourselves was a Laura Secord Easter egg.

It was great doing power cooking today. Because my wrists were so sore, everything got put in the Crock Pot, instead of stirring it on the stove. We've just finished building three lasagnes for the freezer, and have at least two meals of spagetti sauce cooling off. There is chili for supper. David says that there is absolutely now more room in the freezer for anything. But this means that it could be a month or two before I actually have to cook a meal again. Whoopeee!! Mind you, the counter is coverd with dirty dishes.

David had asked if we could go to Baked Expectations on his birthday, but we phoned and they won't be open. So we plan to go tonight. There is no way we want to be on the road tomorrow. Now, just think of how much work I'm avoiding and how much fun I seem to be having. While I wouldn't wish sore wrists on anyone ( they sure interfere with sleep), there is an up side to having to change my behaviour and find activities that don't involve fine hand coordination or power grip. Unfortunately, it also means that I'll have to minimize mouse/computer work for the next little while--but I am practising using my left hand for the mouse so that I can play poker

No comments:

Post a Comment