Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Good for you

I know what you mean Beth. It was an accomplishment just to stand up there and be part of the event. Our Mother drilled into our heads that we aren't good enough to be part of something like that and/or a lady never draws attention to herself. We all need to be part of this sort of thing. It doesn't matter how big a part, just being there is often a validation of our worth.

Cathy, I'm so glad you got to see Kris and Sandy, and that it was a good day for you. Funny, but my son knowing how to cook has made a difference in his life, too. I think it's just a reflection of what good mothers we are, making sure that our children have all of the tools they need for life. Lately I've been seeing Amber cook--after many years of her convincing Darren that she didn't know how.

We, too, are cooking on Thursday. Then packing it all up and slepping it over to Amber's on Friday. All of my family will be together Friday. Amber has even planned to play some games. She has asked us to get there between 11:00 and noon so that I can make some cinnamon buns. then she wants games until supper at the usual time. Darren has invited a friend, who would otherwise be alone. I sure hope he likes to play cards, but I can also see it as a means for Darren to get away from the family for a bit when he feels the need. ( I use the bathroom and a book for 5 minutes of catch-my-breath time) Jesica is very excited about "my cousins are coming". She has always been a little in awe of Loren's children.

But for now, we are just in a holding pattern waiting for the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment