Saturday, September 21, 2013

A little twist to my day

I started doing housework early and seemed to be at it most of the morning and quickly needing a change - had no where to go or any reason to go anywhere so started into going through some shelves with books. I have accumulated several pocketbooks that have been read and were just sitting taking up space. I like to keep books around but lately I have also been looking at getting rid of stuff so a brainwave hit me - I would take them to the second hand book store in South River where I could get credit on purchasing more books. I gathered up 10 to return and off I went. This store is a Fabric /Wool store essentially with a small back room where they sell the paperbacks. The lady was pinning a border on a quilt she was making ( all hand worked) and so we got to talking and I had a real good look around the store and marvelled at the fabrics and display quilts and other projects. Then I bought some crochet hooks on sale - in sizes I needed for some of the prayer shawl patterns in my book. I left feeling really good and my need to get out was satisfied. Although I returned home and started in again to work, it was OK then. Funny how we need a "break", eh? Last night the rains came, and the water raised and Beth was ready to get a boat. I went out to fix the pump once and a big flash of lightening was followed by a loud burst of thunder which scared me to death and caused me to run as fast as I could indoors. Of course I was soaking wet from the torrential rains but at least safe inside - no way I was going to go out again so the pump just kept pumping best it could and the rain eventually died down enough to let it go off. It made for an eventful night! Today it is still drizzling but not like last night. You both sound so very busy with your activities and I like to hear all about it. But take care not to wear yourselves out ! Time for supper making and then likely a walk with the dog before bed. Exciting eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment