Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Darn knees!

I was able to walk a bit better by Sunday evening, so we decided to go for a drive.  (That prescription Aleve really works!)  Stepping out the back door I heard a loud "crack" and a shooting spear of pain up my left leg.  Hobbled around for the rest of the evening.  More Aleve and stayed off my feet as much as possible Monday, and by evening things were feeling a little better.  By this morning was able to walk fairly well, and that has continued all day, even with going to the fabric store this morning.  I fully plan to keep my appointment in the Orthopedic clinic tomorrow afternoon.  ( They told me to expect a wait and to take a book), but I am hoping that maybe I see a light at the end of the tunnel.  One good thing is that our casual talk about putting grab bars in the bathroom is now a firm plan and we hope to have it done within the week.

The other thing we have decided to do is to have the garage floor leveled/repaired.  We have talked about this before. David got quite a reasonable quote this morning.  He is seeing the lawyer tomorrow, and hopes to get some idea of when money might be available so that we can set a date.  The concrete company doesn't pour after the end of October, so we might even be looking at spring, although that wouldn't be my preference.  We will have to move the plants on the west side of the garage, and probably rent a small PODS to store the garage contents while the work is going on, although where we might put that is a mystery.  Both the small "sidewalk to nowhere" and about 10 feet of the Uni-stone driveway closest to the garage will have to be redone.  This is really a major undertaking.  When my Ravenesque ladies were over on Sept 2nd we had our meeting in the garage and both David and I came to realize that the floor there is now bad enough to be a major safety hazard.

So our fall is turning out to be more exciting than we had thought. And I'm still struggling away in the studio to try to finish enough pieces for my gallery show in December.  For today, I am grateful to be walking a bit better.  I even managed stairs to day, as well as being able to put my compression stockings on without help.  Major victory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment