Thursday, September 19, 2013

Nope!

Not very coherent at all.  I woke up about 9:00 realizing that I had a 10:00 meeting  at the local art group.  The day has gone down hill from there.  With one exception.  We had to go to my doctors's office to pick up a form he had filled out for me.  After leaving there we went by Jeanne's Bakery and David bought me a Shaponica.  We both love those things--him more than me, I think.  So much for losing a bit more weight.

The form was my application for a handicapped parking permit.  My doctor says I more than qualify.  Maybe this gives me a reason to be depressed.  I certainly have the depressed part down pat, but as usual, having" named" it, I hope I can deal with it.  Where's my red shirt?  Oh Yeah, wore that yesterday.  Didn't help.

Yesterday, the Realtor called to tell us that the new people wanted a final inspection of the property this afternoon, just to make sure everything was as promised.  Well, now it looks like they would like a new washing machine.  This isn't really a surprise, as the old one is really old, and not in good repair. On top of that, Amber called yesterday to let us know that she had spoken to someone at work who has told her that we will be liable for capital gains tax on any money we receive that is more than the assessed value of the property on the day we gained possession.  The tax is usually 50%, depending on other income, and the cost of any major improvements made during our time there.  We are already committed to the work on the garage, and various costs associated with that.  Oh whoopee ( no exclamation point).

I guess that right now I should be grateful that I can still walk and use the toilet in the house.  I tried one at the mall today and it was too low.  Now I am off to try the basement stairs.  Whoopee again.

No comments:

Post a Comment