Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ortho appt.

Other than pointing out that I'm old and fat (I AM!!???) not much new.  Again the knee joints themselves are not in bad shape but I have severe patellar-femoral  or is it patellar-tibial arthritis.  This can only be addressed with a total knee replacement.  Given that the knees are relatively okay, the suggestion is to treat it conservatively.  At this point, the drugs are working very well, so I tend to agree.  I also know that the recovery from the surgery can be difficult, and results are not guaranteed.  So I am to discuss it with my doctor, with whom I have an appointment on the 17th.

David had dropped me off, and then gone on to an appointment with the lawyer.  He was early and the lawyer available, so was taken in right away, and the lawyer took the time to go over all of the papers with him.  David expressed that he really appreciated the time being taken to made sure he understood every thing.  He seemed so much more comfortable with the process, that I think it was probably the best thing that could have happened.  As there was no mortgage on the property, David will be getting his share of the money quite quickly, so has made arrangements to have the garage floor done the first week of October.

 OMG!

 Jeremy will be over, on Saturday, to help move the garden on the South side of the garage. David had agreed to pay him, and it has even been arranged to occur on his weekend with his Mother.  The next thing is to rent a PODS and get some help to move everything out of the garage. Loren will be taking the canoe, which will help.  Lots of planning to do, so I should have no problem finding something to blog about over the next little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment