Saturday, September 14, 2013

Loaves in the oven....

I should say still more loaves as I try to use up the tomatoes and this loaf is something I will actually eat. I'll write a few words while I wait for them to bake.
We spent the whole day yesterday picking apples, juicing them and then bottling them - it took until 1 am to get that all done. Then I was outside just before 6 am this morning spraying some of the garden for frost. I had covered the geraniums as Harry wants to winter them, but the rest of the garden was left as is - it got to minus 2 degrees and even with spraying the vines and beans froze anyway. And today we did down 10 lbs of beets into pickles although I saved some for Harvard beets for supper. This morning I took the dog for her walk early and then came home and made a nice little fire outside and sat with my coffee - it was so nice and peaceful. I finished the little hooked rug last night by putting the backing on and sewing it all around. My fingers are sore now because of all the needle stabs I gave myself - I use a thimble to push the needle in but cannot sew with a thimble on my finger so I was constantly getting stuck. It was not an easy job to get that backing fitted right and sewn sturdily but I got it done and it will be just fine. So I hope Mike's Cat will like it haha
I wanted to ask you Patty if your water is brown? The news yesterday and today has stories about  Winnipeg's brown water and although there are no tests that show it is unsafe, they recommend that you do not use to drink or make food - so does that make any sense???
Hope you are getting around Ok Patty and wondering if you are still going to Selkirk on Wednesday to teach? Take it easy and use your chair. Must go and check the loaves - and then hopefully get into bed. So much work and so little time. Mike let me borrow his Steven King book The Gunslinger and since I just started to read it, and have never read Steven King before, I am anxious to do some reading. Have either of you read any King books?

No comments:

Post a Comment